Saturday, December 31, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions

BUY UNION, BUY LOCAL, BUY AMERICAN!

Every time I take out my checkbook, I will ask myself where that money is going. If I am buying something that was made outside the US, I will ask myself whether I can live without it. If I can, I will. I will look for opportunities to buy Union made goods and services. I will choose to shop with local merchants and Union contractors.

Whenever I pull that debit or credit card out of my wallet, I will stop and think. Is this purchase going to help American workers or bleed money out of our economy to be sent overseas? Is this gift I am purchasing going to create work for my neighbors or siphon money out of my community?

I will let my local politicians know that I want my tax dollars spent here at home. I will ask them to specify MADE IN AMERICA as part of their bid specifications. I will tell them that I want competitive bidding process that rewards local businesses that provide living wages not necessarily the lowest cost.

Join me in fighting for American workers in 2012, and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment